Weightlifting Wales is introducing its first coach development course called Future Coaches of Wales Programme. Coaches play a vital role in Wales to teach people from all walks of life weightlifting.
We are looking for passionate individuals with aspirations of becoming a coach, who are committed to inspire individuals to take up the sport, improve health and nurture champions.
Duration: 1 year
Start Date: January 2022
3 weekends for Practical Sessions (January, April, and June)
4-month window to complete BWL Level 1 Assistant Coach
4-month window to complete BWL Level 2 Weightlifting Coach
2-month window to complete BWL Level 2 Technical Official (TO)
During the weekends we will cover topics such as UK Anti-Doping (UKAD), programming, coaching youth athletes and coaching female athletes.
For those who are already qualified, we require proof of qualifications and licensing. You will be expected to attend all the full weekends. Please note, the content will be above and beyond the L1 and L2 criteria.
Eligible Criteria and expectations
- Have an up-to-date WW/BWL membership
- Be a member of a Weightlifting Wales’ affiliated club or academy
- Actively coaching or aspiring to actively coach at an affiliated club or academy
- Attend all meetings / events linked to the programme
- During the year you are expected to attend 3 weekends or day sessions depending on COVID restrictions
- Complete work by a given deadline
- Provide support at your local affiliated club by assisting a L2 coach in sessions (one per week)
- Ensure a coach licence is in place once appropriately qualified
- Check-ins will be organised between you and a Weightlifting Wales member of staff, which you will be required to attend
- You will be invited to attend development squads to assist the Welsh Coach
- To be able to work on your own initiative; be organised and arrange your coaching sessions at home.
How to apply
To apply, download and complete the application form below and email it to Hannah.email@example.com by Friday 8 October at 12:00 noon
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY 8 OCTOBER AT 12:00 NOON.