19 October 2020
The key messages are:
- This is a “stay at home order”, people are expected to stay at home as much as possible.
- People must work from home where possible. Only critical workers should work as normal.
- All businesses such as retail, hospitality, leisure etc, except “essential retail” will close. Weightlifting Clubs and academies will close from 6pm Friday 23rdOctober.
- The period is strictly time limited to two weeks.
- All gatherings with people outside of the immediate household will not be permitted, whether indoors or outdoors.
- Exercise is important for physical and mental health, and people may leave home as often as they like to exercise as long as they do so from their home and alone or with members of their household (and/or a carer).
- Exercise should be undertaken locally – from home or as close as possible to the home. In general, this should not involve people driving to a location away from home for this purpose. No journeys of any significant distance should be taken, for example, just in order to exercise in the countryside or at beauty spots.
- The need to carry sports equipment isn’t regarded as a justification on its own for driving in these circumstances.
- Parks are allowed to remain open for outdoor exercise. A person may attend parks with members of their household but must not arrange to meet with other households.
- The elite programme, overseen by Sport Wales, will be suspended during this circuit breaker period.
- Licensed childcare can stay open. Primary schools will return as normal after half term, with year 7 & 8 also returning to school.
- There are further funds being released by the Welsh Government to businesses affected, payment of some of these funds will be automatic.