If something is causing you to feel unhappy, scared, worried, uncomfortable or if something just doesn't feel right, then you should speak to someone who you trust.
Who can you talk to?
- A parent / guardian / family member
- Your Club's Welfare Officer
- Weightlifting Wales Safeguarding Officers (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- British Weight Lifting Safeguarding Officer (Sue Ward - via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01132 249 402.)
- Childline give advice and support too and you can phone them on 0800 1111 (this number won’t appear on your phone bill; link opens in a new window)
Being Safe Online
For keeping safe on the internet, The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre has lots of info, with special sections for children and young people. If you have or have ever had a concern regarding someone on the internet or their behaviour towards you, you can make a report to CEOP. You can also click on the Keeping Safe Online poster below.